CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Growing my Salad

Well… I am planning my garden a little late, but oh well. I have to say Cindy Bodie is one of the main reasons I have the urge to garden. I do not have the space she has so I am going to have to get a little creative.

It is too late I think to get seeds from mail order, so I hope I can find some goods ones at Shades of Green here in Frisco.

I found an article outlining gardening in a soil bag. This sounded promising; save me time and then I add the soil to the beds next year or in the fall. But, then I remembered how my dad did his garden Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew. So maybe I will do a little of both.

I hope to get “planting” this weekend mid March. Send good thoughts out to Jay so he will want to help.

My goal is to grow our salads, lots of peppers, herbs, and a few tomatoes this year.

So here I go… my own little Victory Garden!

1 comments:

obladi oblada said...

Im doing a garden too this year. We need to do some digging first and get our sprinklers working..we are just waiting for it to stop raining and blowing long enough to do it. Post about your garden process, Id like to read about someone else's experience.