CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

More Ingredients

Our friends little girl was in NICU for a while. Jay and tried to go visit them as much as we could. It was wonderful to feed her a bottle and see her grow. And grow she did! I have to say this tiny little girl was the baby I have been Gaga over. Her tiny little hands had us all wrapped around her little finger. It broke my heart to see our friends so wanting to take their little girl HOME. It took a while but she came home. - Fall 2004


Later she tells me it is my turn. I laugh... but on the inside I was thinking "it would be kinda nice to be next." But I knew it was not an option at the time. This is when adoption started to pop in to my mind. Hum it might be the best way to have a family. Maybe an older child. This was the beginning. As each year passes with birthdays and holidays... I wish a little bit more for Jay and I to have a family. However I put up a good front. I doubt even my family knew the way I felt. It was easier that way.

This past year or so Jay and I began to talk more about adopting, but we did not have any action behind our talks. On our way home from Austin after Christmas this year our talking became more serious. I prayed about the thought of adding to our family through adoption it felt so right.

One day while reading TexAgs.com, I see a thread about adoption... it was the spark we needed. When I went to get the Web address for The Gladney Center to post... I saw they also now did older children adoption. I sent a request for information... This set the ball rolling. - Jan 2008

We went to the Gladney Center on Jan 31 2008; it was amazing to be there. I felt very connected and peaceful with our decision. It felt more than just right. I felt called. I am not sure I had ever had that feeling before, it was deep with in my heart. Our 30 min meeting lasted 2 hours. We had so many questions, and the more I learn the more questions I have. The next day this was the daily message from our pastor.

FAMILY
The ideal family is what you make it.
Keith A. Craft on
Leadershipology.com
That was such a conformation of our decision. I still want to know what he has bugged, it has to be the church business cards. - Jan 2008

0 comments: